Worked in a call centre? Became a spanish teacher?
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, but I am starting the 101 things in 1001 days on 1 Jan 2013.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A coworker and the daughter of my mum's best friend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Some semblance of happiness. At all. With anything.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
5 June 2012, for so many reasons.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning national novel writing month.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The whole rest of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Anything bad?
I caught pneumonia in November.
11. What were the best things you bought?
A bus ticket to Newcastle.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
James and Jason, who were amazing. Emma, who, while we aren't speaking now, was a very good friend.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The woman who assaulted me in Canterbury.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My failure of a time in the UK.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song/s will always remind you of 2012?
Fun. Mumford & Sons.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter. Disgusting. Horrific. I hate myself.
iii. Richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting my time.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent with friends of my mother's, and at home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Supernatural, The Walking Dead.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate people.
26. What was the best book you read?
...I didn't read very much.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to stay in the UK.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 27 and went out for dinner.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being me.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
First half of the year, terrible with some bright spots, second half: skirts and dresses. Super 'femme'.
34. What kept you sane?
I don't know that I am.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Emma. James & Jason, the latter I will never see again.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Possibly Robert, definitely Amanda, and Lorena. The two latter ladies being coworkers.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Listen to your mother.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And I won't die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and man so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.
- After the Storm by Mumford & Sons